Bitcoin mining difficulty dips 0.5% over two weeks after hitting record high
Bitcoin’s mining issue edged down 0.5% within the two weeks by means of Sunday after hitting an all-time excessive within the earlier adjustment, in keeping with information from BTC.com. The problem adjustments roughly each two weeks, and is a measure of how a lot computing energy is used for mining bitcoin blocks to be rewarded with Bitcoins.
- The mining issue studying got here in at 39.16 trillion at block peak 776,160 in Sunday’s biweekly adjustment, following a 4.68% rise within the earlier adjustment on Jan. 29.
- The most recent Bitcoin mining issue studying was 46.7% greater than that on Feb. 4 of final yr, when the problem studying was at 26.69 trillion.
- Bitcoin’s hashrate, a measure of computational energy utilized by miners, was at round 315.9 exahashes per second on Sunday, barely up from 311 exahashes on Jan. 29, BTC.com information confirmed.
- Bitcoin’s value slid 0.3% over the past 24 hours to commerce at US$21,744 at 10:40 a.m. in Hong Kong, for a decline of 5.34% over the previous seven days, in keeping with information from CoinMarketCap. The biggest coin by market capitalization rose 9.2% over the previous month.
- The profitability price of Bitcoin mining stood at US$0.0729 per terahash per second previously 24 hours, down from US$0.184 from a yr in the past, information from BitInfoCharts confirmed.